About the Institute
Institute activities in research and education
- Fundamental research in nuclear energy focusing on commercial reactors, implemented in cooperation and collaboration with research institutions, companies and the local community in and around the Tsuruga region.
- Fundamental research on nuclear energy in an international setting, in collaboration with international partners, starting with France and the US
- Research towards improved nuclear safety, disaster prevention and risk management
Human resource development
- Undergraduate level education related to nuclear energy (minor degree, mechanical engineering)
- Specialized education "Course in fundamentals of nuclear engineering" for graduate students
- Hosting of (inter)national researchers, high-quality international human resource development making use of the nuclear facilities in Fukui prefecture
Cooperation and centralization
- Cooperation with universities and research institutions in neighboring prefectures
- Instigation of a research hub based on nuclear facilities in the Tsuruga region
- Cooperation with the Wakasa-wan Energy Research Center (WERC) and various research and education networks
- As a member of our community, contribute with public lectures, seminars, etc.
History of the Institute
April Opening of the Institute at the Bunkyo Campus in Fukui City
April Start of the minor degree "Nuclear energy Safety Engineering"
April Start of the "Course in fundamentals of nuclear engineering", part of the major degree
“Nuclear Power and Energy Safety Engineering”; formal start of the educational activities of
our academic staff
February Move to Tsuruga Campus
March Official opening Tsuruga Campus
April Re-organization of the Institute, start of the Department of Nuclear Power Disaster
prevention and risk management